Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Birds and People


Well, what is a blog by Alexis Kandra without some images of dead birds? Last year, I started taking pictures of the birds that die by window strikes. It will probably be a theme in my work until I leave Temple University. They are extremely prevalent here.

I was taking a picture of this bird outside the library for old time's sake. I used to take a picture of each one as a record, but it's just too much to keep that up. Now I just take a photo if they are particularly interesting. The feathers sticking up on this one and the lighting attracted my attention.

A girl parking her bike at the rack said to me "I hope you're going to bury that when your done taking a picture of it".

My response: "Oh, there's too many of them to bury them all. I found 150 plus dead birds on campus last year" (a slight exaggeration, it was more like 130).

Her response: silence and avoiding eye contact.

Here is the image. I've found found 9 birds so far sophomore year.

No comments:

Post a Comment